I design and perform ceremonies which honour and celebrate life's milestone events.
The certified celebrant's mission is to create ceremonies that reflect your needs, beliefs, cultural background, values and tastes.
As a senior lecturer in adult education, and as a professional speaker I also promote the tourism industry by conducting workshops, speak at conferences and write a column in the local newspaper.
As a qualified travel consultant, tour guide and event manager I have worked globally and feel comfortable talking to groups from all cultures and in any location.
I am currently working towards a Masters in Education and have a qualification in "Coaching and Mentoring" from Waikato University, plus I have papers in counselling skills.
I discovered a new pathway in my own life's journey and fell in love with the idea of becoming a celebrant. At weddings, I celebrate the stories of how couples met and fell in love. It is a deep privilege to share and help shape such an important celebration in life.
I believe that the ceremony transforms how we perceive life's most important times. The words and rituals chosen to celebrate a milestone reflect our personal beliefs and values. My role as a wedding ceremony designer and writer is to help my clients create ceremonies that meet their needs at times of transition in their lives.
I will send you a free DVD of my services, where you can watch me during an interview and see a video where I explain my role. The DVD also includes an example of the photo story that Steve will create of your ceremony.
What I Do
- I organise and write a service based on your needs
- I download your choice of music onto my iPod and play through my amp so you do not need to worry about music
- I have 2 x microphones one for me and one for you both to recite your vows so everyone can hear (if you wish)
- Large wireless amp so we can all hear the service
- Special “signing folder” for your licence
- Ostrich plume pens and a table with cloth
- Supply you with a 60 page book of wedding ideas that I’ll email to you
- Dress rehearsal (optional)
Please take a look at my website for more information: www.jackiebrowncelebrant.co.nz